Menu Bar Overview

Most functionality is accessed through the menu bar.

File Menu

New…
Use this menu item to create and name a new game based on the current template. The new game will be saved on your “My Files” page and contain 10 blank questions ready for authoring.

Open…
This menu item will open the “My Files” page.

Save
This menu item will save the current file.

Save As…
Use this menu item to save a copy of the current file with a new name.

Rename…
Use this menu item to rename the current file.

Revert to Previous Save…
H5Write maintains a copy of your previous 5 saves. You can revert to any one of these files. You can walk backward through these files one at a time.

Package and Download Game
This menu item will create a package of files ready to deploy to your website or Learning Management System (LMS). This package is downloaded to your local drive. For more information, see “How do I host a game on my server?

Preview Menu

Current Question
This menu item will save your current file and open a new window/tab containing your game. The game will skip the intro and title screen and move directly to the current question.

This Game
This menu item will save your current file and open a new window/tab containing your game. The complete game will preview using the current game settings.

View Menu

Game Settings
Game settings are global settings that apply to all questions and attributes of the game.

Questions Settings
You will write, edit and modify each question in the Question Settings. You can make each question unique in many ways by overriding the global game setting here. This is the page that opens by default.

All Settings
This menu item opens Games Settings and Question Settings together on a single page.

Help Menu

Community Forum
Access the community forum for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and comprehensive explanations of all features. All account holders are automatically community members. If you don’t see the answers to your questions here, create a new topic and ask yurt questions. We are eager to hear from you.

Explore this list of linked 3rd-party resources:

• Color Picker
  • Gradient
  • Multi-color Gradients
  • CSS Properties
  • Google Fonts